Subway is one of the most famous international food franchises. Their sandwiches and salads are simply yummy. The reviews for their cold sandwiches or subs have been mixed. However, the reviews for their salads have been all positive. You can also turn any sub into a salad by making a small extra payment. However, we all have to pay rents and buying the subs regularly can leave you broke. This is why we have come up with an excellent solution. Given below is the recipe for the Subway Style Salad. You can make the salad at home with the readily available ingredients.
So, read on and say bye to the budget woes!
Ingredients for Veggie Delight Salad:
- Capsicum (Thinly sliced in semi-circles): 1 medium sized
- Small tomatoes or cherry tomatoes: 7 to 8
- 1 medium-sized cucumber: Peeled and thinly sliced
- Lettuce: 100 g
- Jalapenos: 5 to 6 slices (if you want a spicy salad increase the amount)
- Olives (Green and Black): Sliced thinly ½ cup
- Green Coriander: Washed and cut or chopped for garnishing
- You can also add 1 piece of pickled cucumber if you like them. Slice it finely for using in salad.
- Fine slices of 1 small onion.
To make the salad, you need a big plate. Make sure you choose a plate with fair enough size so that the veggies don’t fall. Start with shredding the lettuce. Make sure you wash them properly. Spread them evenly on the plate. Now, place the finely sliced tomatoes on the layer of lettuce. The cherry tomatoes taste simply amazing in the salad. However, if you don’t have them, use the regular ones. Place the finely sliced cucumbers over the layer of tomato or in one corner.
Put the slices of onions and capsicum in the other corners. You can layer them evenly over the whole plate. The arrangement can be made as you want. Now, top the whole thing with cucumber pickle, jalapenos, and olives.
The salad is ready. Yes, it is that easy to make. To enhance the taste of this salad, you can pair it with the sweet and sour dip as well. Find how you can make the dip at home. The recipe is mentioned in the following section.
Ingredients for making the sweet and sour dip:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: 2 tbsp
- Sour Cream (Flavoured or unflavoured as per your preferences): 2 tbsp
- Olive Oil (Extra Virgin): 1 tbsp
- Mustard and Hot Sauce: 1 tbsp each
- Salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder: as per your taste
- Stevia Drops for sweet flavour: 3 to 4 drops (You can add as per your taste preference as well)
How to make the dip:
Take a medium sized mixing bowl and add all the dry ingredients. Mix them well with the help of a fork. Now add the apple cider vinegar and Stevia. Mix them properly with the fork. Add the thick ingredients – Hot Sauce, Mustard, Olive oil and Sour Cream. Mix them well and ensure that no lumps are formed. Keep on stirring so that a nice thick dressing is formed. You can control the creamy texture by adding the sour cream. However, we suggest that you skip on adding too much. For, this will ultimately make the otherwise healthy salad calorific. You can serve it separately or pour it over the salad.
If still you want to buy one from Subway you can use Subway offers of the day to get it at best price online. So, it is really easy to make the ‘branded’ salad at home; right? Are you going to try it? Tell us in the comments.